If we seek wisdom apart from seeking God, we will not see the wisdom He provides. Instead, we must seek Him and His will, ask for wisdom in faith, and pursue that wisdom by the Spirit, through the Scripture, and with wise counsel.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message?
- Who is someone you consider very wise? What makes you think so?
- Discuss the point that our lives should be characterized by seeking God to know Him, and not just when we need something from Him.
- How are you at acknowledging that you need help and being willing to ask for it – from other people and from God?
- Do you see God as a generous giver or as one who withholds? Explain.
- What is a decision for which you need wisdom at this time? Where are you in the process of seeking wisdom in God’s Word, wise counsel, and the Holy Spirit’s work?