It is God’s design for us that we would let our yes be yes, and our no be no, that we would be people who can be counted on.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in the message from this week?
- In our current cultural context, what are your impressions about the importance of being a person of your word?
- Do you agree or disagree that many people today would rather be nice than be honest? Explain your answer.
- Have you ever had a situation in which you followed through with a commitment that you no longer wanted to keep? Explain.
- Are there ways in which you find yourself tempted to compromise on the truth for personal gain?
- How do you see the issue of conflict avoidance playing out around you?
- Are there ways you can commit to being more of a person whose yes is yes, and no is no?