We are called to love God and use resources—not the other way around. Everything we have is from the Lord and belongs to the Lord.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message?
- Discuss the challenges of considering ourselves to be “rich” when we compare ourselves to those who are much more wealthy.
- In what ways do you tend to rely more on possessions than on God Himself?
- 2 Corinthians 9 tells us that God wants us to be cheerful givers. Would you consider yourself to be reasonably generous? In what way is generosity a struggle for you?
- Paul says that he has learned to be content in every circumstance, whether in plenty or in want (Philippians 4:11) Discuss your journey regarding contentment related to material possessions.
- What is a primary takeaway from this message?