Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?
When we open up our homes to others, we shouldn't be surprised when Jesus shows up. Chris Anderson teaches from Luke 24 on how hospitality is a window to the gospel.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that was particularly helpful or insightful? What was one thing that was difficult to understand or put into practice?
- "…I stood there staring up at the ceiling and wondering, was there really anyone one the other side, or were all our songs and prayers just bouncing back down at us?" Have you ever been able to relate to this?
- How would you define hospitality? Can you think of a time when you have been impacted by someone else's hospitality toward you or your family?
- Read and discuss Luke 24:13-35. What might you observe about the nature of man from these verses? What do you note about the person of Christ?
- What do you observe about hospitality from these verses? What other biblical passages or stories can you think of that teach us about hospitality?
- What is the importance of hospitality from a biblical perspective?
- Do you consider hospitality a strength or a weakness for you personally?
- How is the gospel the ultimate portrayal of hospitality? How does the gospel challenge and empower us to exercise hospitality toward others?
- What is one specific way in this upcoming week that you can show hospitality toward someone else? Spend some time asking God to bless this, and thanking Him for His eternal hospitality toward us through Jesus.