Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
Psalm 139 is an intensely personal letter for you that captures the deep redemptive theme of the Scriptures.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing in this message that particularly encouraged or challenged you?
- What do you think God thinks of you? Does this line up with what you find in scripture?
- Read and discuss Psalm 139. What major themes stand out to you?
- What do you note about being known in this chapter? Do you find it unnerving that God knows you so completely?
- What is "redemption"? What comes to mind when you think of this word? What does Psalm 139 tell us about redemption?
- What do you think God has purposed for your life? How does the gospel of Jesus Christ inform our identity and our purpose? Do you feel like you are fulfilling this purpose? What steps could you take to greater fulfillment of this purpose?
- What areas of unbelief do you struggle with in your walk with Christ? How does the grace of the gospel address those struggles?
- Using Psalm 139 as your foundation, spend some time thanking God that He knows you. Ask that He would use His Word to reveal His purposes for your life. Pray that He would uncover any areas of shame and unbelief and cover them in the grace of the gospel.