How do we know that the Bible is the inspired Word of God? Faith in the inspiration of Scripture is a reasonable faith backed up by an incredible amount of evidence.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you from the message from this weekend?
- If someone asked you the question, “Why do you believe the Bible is reliable?” what would you have said prior to this weekend? What would you say now?
- Discuss the four tests for the reliability of any writing: Internal Consistency, Historical Accuracy, Prophetic Accuracy, Scientific Accuracy. Can you give examples of each?
- Are you aware of other scientific evidences in the Scripture that support the validity of the Bible that were not discussed today? Things that our Old Testament brothers and sisters could not have known? Consider Isaiah 40:22, Psalm 139, etc.
- What would you consider to be the greatest inconsistencies within the claims of evolution?
- Take time to pray for those you know who do not believe the Bible is the Word of God.