We must shed the elementary and deceitful teachings of this world, knowing that Christ is supreme and sufficient. And then we must live that out in the diverse body that Jesus is creating.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- Why is it important for Christians to study both our Bibles and the culture in which we live? What happens if we fall out of balance in these areas?
- Take some time to simply read through Colossians aloud in your group. What stands out to you? What themes do you note?
- Watch through the Colossians overview video from The Bible Project. Why is it important to know and understand the original context when we study books of the Bible? What are some things you noted about the context in which Colossians was written?
- What is the difference between owning a sword and being a swordsman? How does this analogy apply to our biblical literacy? In what ways do you need to grow in this area (1 Timothy 2:15)?