Eternal hope leads to faith and love, building a foundation to know God’s will through spiritual wisdom and knowledge, resulting in a walk that, by His power, is characterized by endurance, patience, and joy.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- Read and discuss Colossians 1:1-14. What do you note about Paul’s care for the Colossian church? Why is he thankful for them?
- What is the difference between “hope” as we tend to see it in Western culture, and “hope” from a biblical perspective? Why is this an important distinction?
- How would you define “faith”? What are examples of faith that you have observed? What are some examples of faith from your own life?
- What is the difference between wisdom and knowledge? What happens if we fail to make that distinction?
- Consider and discuss Pastor Jim’s statement, “What we say we believe and how we live should weigh the same.” Would you say that is true in your life? Why or why not? Where do you need to seek the Lord for growth?
- Consider Paul’s mention of endurance, patience and joy in Colossians 1:10-11. How would you define each of these? How do these provide a template for our lives when we walk with Jesus?