The letter to the Colossians ends with greetings and encouragement to others who are doing the work of ministry with Paul. Without these spiritual “soldiers” proclaiming the gospel and suffering for the kingdom of God, we would not be here as Christians today.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- Read and discuss Colossians 4:7-18. What stands out to you? Why does Paul call out specific people? What does this indicate about God’s church?
- If Paul were to include you in the “final greetings” in a letter was writing, what do you think he might say?
- Consider the context in which Paul wrote this letter. How is comfort and encouragement a “two-way street”?
- How have you received comfort and encouragement despite being in a difficult situation? Has there ever been a time where you extended comfort and encouragement to someone else, despite being in a difficult situation yourself?
- How might the Lord be calling you to “raise the spiritual bar” as you walk with Jesus?
- As you look back over this series in the book of Colossians, what stands out to you? What is one thing you have learned and applied? How has God impacted your heart through this book?