Through Abraham, we are blessed to be a blessing to all the nations (families, tribes, and ethnic groups) of the world!
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out for you in this week’s message?
- Have you ever been on a mission trip? Where did you go and how did the experience impact you? If you have not been on a mission trip, what are you impressions from what you have heard from others?
- The call to engage the nations did not begin with the Great Commission in Matthew 28. It started with Abraham in Genesis 12. Read and discuss the covenant with Abraham in Genesis 12 as well as Galatians 3:6-9, 14, and 29, and what it means for you and for me to day.
- Read Revelation 7:9-10 and discuss what it will be like at the end of time. What do you think this is going to be like?
- When you heard the statistics about world evangelization what this you think? In AD 100 there were 360 unbelievers for every believer. Today there are 7 unbelievers for every believer. Does this seem surprising? Does this help bring a perspective that world evangelization is possible? Why or why not?
- Read Romans 10:14-15 and discuss what this means for you in our day and time.
- Is there a step forward that seems clear in your own life because of this sermon and discussion? What might that be?