How will you position your life to be part of making God’s salvation known among all nations?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- What experience have you had with missions?
- Read and discuss Psalm 67. What does this tell us about God? What does it tell us about us? How does this chapter tie in with the theme of missions?
- How has God blessed our nation? How has He blessed you? What is the response that God is calling us to in light of His blessing?
- What does it mean to be “called” to something? What is something you feel called to ? In what ways do “let the experience of a few be the expectation of the many” in regards to calling?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 1:4-14, 1 Peter 2:9 and Ephesians 2:10. What do these verses tell us about identity, purpose and role?
- Discuss the following statement: “If you have a crisis of identity, you will have a crisis of purpose.” How have you observed or experienced this? What are the implication of this for the Christian life?
- What plans or dreams do you need to surrender to God?
- In what ways do you need to “embrace the shape He’s given you”?
- In what ways do you need to wrap your life around the glory of God among the nations? How can you reposition your life to make the gospel of Jesus Christ known? Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed.