Our love abounds more and more by receiving the Holy Spirit, approving what is excellent, being pure and blameless, and being filled with the fruits of righteousness.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What were your overall impressions of this week’s sermon?
- In Ephesians 3:14-19, Paul prays for the believers at Ephesus, that God would work in them to the point that they would come to know the love of Christ in a deep and personal way that would fill them with the fullness of God. How would you say the love of God is impacting you personally, right now?
- Paul’s prayer for the believers at Philippi in Philippians 1:9-20 was that their love would abound more and more. He said they would need knowledge and discernment in choosing excellent things, in being pure and blameless, and in gaining the character that is the fruit of righteousness. Where does your love need to change, deepen, expand, and find its source in God?
- Evaluate your life in terms of being worthy of the gospel of Christ in the following areas:
- Are you standing firm in the Spirit?
- Are you striving for the faith of the Gospel, living on mission?
- Are you reacting with fear or anger in light of the evil, injustice, and craziness of all that is going on in our world today?
- Are you embracing the suffering that comes with following Jesus?
- In 2 Corinthians 5:19, it said that Jesus was not counting their sins against them. What would that look like for you to do the same with the lost people that God brings across your life?
- What do you learn from Daniel and the account of God bringing Israel out of Egypt and wanting to bring them into the land of Canaan as it relates to the hard things and the evil we are facing today?