Conformity to Christ is a journey that starts with seeking to know Him, is built on submission to Him, is a process that takes time, is a journey through suffering.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most in this message?
- If our part in the process of conformity to Christ starts with getting to know Him better, what are one or two steps you can take to do just that??
- Read Philippians 2. The life of Jesus Christ was characterized by submission to the Father. Why is submission such a challenge for us?
- Is there any way in which you are struggling with submission to God at this time in your journey?
- If conformity to Christ takes time, how have you seen God work to accomplish this in your life?
- Is there a particular challenge in your history that you have seen God use to make you more like Christ?
- Pray together for the ability to submit to God’s transforming process through suffering.