Embracing hope means recognizing that this world is not our home, that the return of Christ is certain, and that our eternal home is secure.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you about this message?
- Discuss the tension between being attached to this world and longing for heaven. Where do you find yourself?
- How do the certainty of Christ’s return and the security of an eternal home in heaven impact your daily life? Explain.
- On the continuum of being extremely connected to this life on one end and not particularly connected at all, where do you see yourself?
- What would it look like if you were to develop a stronger sense of readiness for the return of Christ?
- Discuss what it means to seek the kingdom first. What does that mean for you today?