Creating a rhythm with rest means following the pattern of Jesus Christ, following the rhythm of creation not culture, and increasing the margin between production and consumption.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message?
- Discuss the notion that Jesus “often withdrew to lonely places to pray.” Since He was God, why do you think this was necessary?
- What are those things that most disrupt the natural rhythms of life for you?
- What occupies the space between production and consumption in your own life?
- If you were going to create more margin in your life, where would you start?
- Discuss the idea that the greatest commodity we have is not our time or money but our attention. What are the things that take you attention that God would have limit?