A Child Is Born
December 20, 2020 Mike MinterSermonsIsaiah, Luke
The great mystery of the gospel is that the Son of God became the Son of man so that the sons of man could become sons of God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly helpful, insightful, or thought provoking?
- Read Luke 2:8-20 and imagine yourself in the shoes of each of the people in the narrative. What would it have been like to be in Mary’s shoes? Or Joseph’s? Or the shepherds?
- What is significant about the fact that the first group to hear about the Messiah’s arrival was the shepherds? What was the “good news” that the angels were proclaiming to them?
- How was the angel’s message different than a typical birth announcement? What does mean that the Savior is “born unto you”?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for the incredible gift that we celebrate this week, the Word becoming flesh and dwelling among us. Pray that we would be like the shepherds in “glorifying and praising God” and sharing this good news with others.