2 Thessalonians: The Day of the Lord, Part 2
The details of prophecy can only be understood by those living during the time of its fulfillment and were not intended for those living prior to it.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- Why do we tend to be so preoccupied with the future? What does that tell us about ourselves?
- Read and discuss 2 Thessalonians 2. What is the “day of the Lord”? In what way had the Thessolonians been deceived?
- What is your understanding of the point of prophesy in the Bible?
- Consider verses like John 12:16 and 14:29 along with Pastor Mike’s statement that the purpose of prophesy to “help us live a life of expectation.” What does it mean to live a life of expectation? How do you see this in your own life?
- Even if we don’t have the “full picture,” how does the assurance of Jesus’ return frame your daily life? How are you looking forward to “the day of the Lord”?