- This event has passed.
Sharing Jesus with Others Class
RBC was founded on a vision for people reaching people with the message of Jesus Christ.
Pastor Mike Minter engaging people with the Gospel of Christ is what led to the founding of this church. As we seek to refocus on our roots we will be working this fall on helping the congregation of RBC learn what it means to reach out in practical ways to the world around us.
With that in mind, we are offering a six-week class to help equip you to share the truth of the Gospel with your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and others in your life. This class will cover the same material that the shepherd groups will be working through in the weeks ahead. We would like everyone to go through this material, either in the class or a shepherd group, if at all possible.
The first session will be on October 8 at 9:00 a.m. in the Youth Building (Jr. High room). No registration is necessary.
Week 1 – October 8
- The first class will focus on the condition of our world and God’s primary strategy of reaching the lost – through His people.
- We will talk about the power of a personal story and begin the process of preparing our individual stories to share with others.
Week 2 – October 15
- Class time will be used refining each person’s personal story about Christ and sharing with others at their table.
Week 3 – October 22
- Class time will be spent understanding personal roadblocks to sharing with others.
- We will also seek to understand how God has wired each one to be effective in sharing through particular styles of engaging others.
Week 4 – October 29
- Class time will be spent discussing and practicing various conversations starters developed by the instructor as well as those in the class.
Week 5 – November 5
- Class time will be spent watching videos on several approaches to sharing the Gospel and the students will have an opportunity to role play these approaches.
Week 6 – November 12
- Class time will be spent understanding the next steps in working with someone who has come to faith in Christ