C.S. Lewis said, “All that is not eternal is eternally out of date.” The resurrection is not eternally out of date. The future of your life, and of this universe, walked out of the tomb 2000 years ago.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing about this message that was particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging for you?
- Read and discuss Acts 1 :1-3, Romans 8:18-25, an Revelation 21:1-4. What story or sequence do these passages tell? How is the resurrection central to the grand narrative of Scripture?
- How would you explain the vital importance of the resurrection of Jesus Christ to someone who didn’t know?
- How is Christianity not a “blind leap” of faith?
- In what ways do people try to explain away the resurrection?
- What frustrates you? How might our frustrations point us to ultimate hope?
- Discuss this statement: “All earthly things eventually disappoint.” How have you seen or experienced this?
- How does everything hinge on the resurrection? What does it mean to find your identity in the resurrected Christ?