Why He Was Born
December 22, 2019 Mike MinterSermonsJohn, Luke
Why was Jesus born? He came to seek and save the lost, He came to testify of the truth, and He came to set us free.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- Read and discuss John 18:33-37. What is implied here? Why was Jesus born according to these verses?
- In what ways is the world set against objective truth? How should followers of Jesus view truth? How should we respond to the tension between the world’s view of truth and Scripture’s view of truth?
- Consider Luke 19:10. What are the implications of Jesus’ statement? In what ways does the world think it knows where it is?
- Consider John 10:10. What are the implications of Jesus’ statement? What is an abundant life?
- Consider John 14:16. What does Jesus mean here? What are the implications for your daily life?
- Skim through Genesis 3. How is this the first mention of Christmas? In what way is this first mention of Christmas is a declaration of both war and victory? How might this impact how and why we celebrate Christmas?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Give thanks to God for all that this season holds for us and the implications it has for every aspect of life.