Someone’s value influences how we value someone. “Who is Jesus?” is the most profound, life-changing question we could ever ask.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Discuss the statement, "Someone's value influences how we value someone." Have you found this to be true? What examples can you think of?
- Read and discuss Mark 8:27-29. What do you think this tells you about us? What does it tell us about Jesus?
- What is significant about how the disciples answer Jesus' first question (vv. 27-28)?
- How would you answer Jesus' first question from a modern-day perspective – "Who do people say that I am?"
- What is significant about how Peter answers Jesus' second question (v. 29)?
- How would you answer Jesus' second question, "Who do you say that I am?" Why is this question the most profound, life-changing question we could ever ask?
- How does your answer to Jesus' questions in Mark 8:27-29 affect your life on a daily, practical level?
- Spend some time in prayer asking God to help you understand and live out the great value Jesus has, that we would value Him above all else.