What I Say and What You Hear
A Christian believes in the finished work of Christ. A merely religious person believes in finishing the work of Christ. Don’t take the bait.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What is the difference between observation and condemnation? What is the difference between condemnation and conviction?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 5:11-14. What do these Scriptures reveal to us about ourselves? What does this passage tell us about God? What warnings or encouragements are here for us to heed? How can we distinguish between good and evil?
- What is the responsibility of one who teaches/preaches the Word of God? What responsibility does one who hears the Word have?
- In what ways can we misrepresent or assume the gospel in our interactions with others?
- What constitutes a biblical worldview? What importance does the Bible have in your daily life?
- In what ways does the world disciple the church?
- Are there ways you can identify in your life where the world has discipled you? In what ways have you “taken the bait” of religion?
- What is the difference between legalism and holiness? How do we tend to confuse the two?
- Does your church involvement tend to be casual? Why or why not? Where do you need to recalibrate?
- Psalm 101:3 admonishes us to “set no wicked thing” before our eyes (KJV). Is this a struggle for you? Where do you need to recalibrate?
- Read James 1:22-25 together. What is one area where you need to be a doer of the Word? How can your small group support you in that area? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.