Comparison makes idols out of what we don’t have.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What do you feel your strengths are as you study the Scriptures? What are your weaknesses?
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 10:12-18. What do these verses say? What do they tell us about us? What do they reveal about God? What are the practical implications for us?
- In what ways do you tend to compare yourself to others? Are there healthy or helpful ways of comparing ourselves to others?
- “Comparison makes idols of what we don’t have.” How have you experienced and/or observed this?
- Do you ever discontent with your spiritual gifting? Why or why not?
- “Amusement is killing curiosity.” Have you seen this to be true?
- How do you see the law of the harvest at work in society? How have you experienced it in your own life?
- Spend some time praying for things that you’ve discussed. Ask the Lord to keep you from unwise and unhealthy comparison. Pray that He would give you specific opportunities to be salt and light where He has you.