As we continue through the book of Ecclesiastes, we see that the alternative to life under the sun is kingdom living – living in/from/for/through the kingdom of God. Living a “kingdom life” is possible only by grace, not by grit – it is a spiritual endeavor, not one of the flesh and is only possible through Jesus Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Ecclesiastes 12. What does this chapter tell you about the nature of God? Of man?
- How should a Christian’s life be different than life “under the sun”?
- What does it mean to live in the kingdom of God? What is your understanding of “kingdom living”?
- Pastor Mike identifies Joseph, Job, Noah and Daniel as men who lived their lives in/by/through the kingdom of God. What other people in Scripture would you say live this way?
- Who are some people outside of Scripture that you would characterize as living in/for the kingdom of God?
- What is the distinction between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law?
- Are there areas of your life that need to change in order to reflect kingdom living?