Pastor Mike continues our series called “Under the Sun” from Ecclesiastes 3, where we see that time passes and there is nothing we can do about it. Life sometimes seems so boring and monotonous, yet God has “put eternity into man’s heart” and makes everything “beautiful in its time…” How do we practically live in light of God’s greater purposes?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Ecclesiastes chapter 3. What does this chapter tell you about the nature and character of God?
- In light of that, what are the implications for your life?
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us “there is a time for every matter under the heaven…” (ESV). How have you seen this reflected in your life?
- What are the implications that God “has made everything beautiful in its time…” (3:11, ESV)? How might this cause you to look up on painful events in your life differently?
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 says that God “has put eternity into man’s heart.” What does this mean? If this is true, how would it affect daily life “under the sun”?
- Do you ever find your life to be boring or monotonous? Why? What is the cure?