Together in Christ
There are few things that God loves more than seeing His children in unity. And few things more destructive to God’s purposes than when they aren’t.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SMALL GROUPS
- What is one point from this message that you’d never considered before? What is something you were grateful to be reminded of?
- What does it look like for a church to have unity? Why is unity so near to the heart of God?
- How does unity — or disunity — affect the Church’s witness to the world?
- Pastor Supp mentioned four ways in which unity can be built in the Body of Christ: 1) Put off the old self and put on the new; 2) Maintain a humble spirit; 3) Be godly in our interactions; and 4) Be active in His church. How do each of these exhortations contribute to unity? Which of these areas do you feel strongest in? Which is a struggle for you?
- Read Ephesians 4:11-16 and 1 Corinthians 12:12-26. Why does the Scripture present the human body as a picture of what the church should look like? How does that speak to the nature of unity?
- Are there any ways in which you feel like God may be leading you to contribute (or contribute more) to the ministries of RBC?
- Spend some time in prayer, asking the Lord to bring greater unity to your family, your shepherd group, the congregation at RBC, and the global Body of Christ.