In order to go from death unto life, you have to go through the cross.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How did this message encourage your faith in Jesus and your hope in His resurrection?
- Are you certain that you would go to heaven if you died today? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss Luke 23:34-43. What does this passage reveal about the character and nature of Jesus? What does it reveal about the Gospel?
- What “two types” of people do the two criminals represent? In what ways do you relate to each thief?
- Given the urgency of the thief’s request in verse 42 (“Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!”) and Jesus’ response in verse 43, what are the implications of how we are saved from the penalty of our sin?
- Why do we need to go “through the cross” to pass from death unto life?
- What are some ways you can you celebrate the resurrection of Jesus in your daily life, not just on Easter Sunday?
- Spend time in prayer, giving thanks to God for the resurrection and the power of the Gospel unto salvation.