In His grace, God gives us precious faith, precious promises, and precious instructions. What is precious to your heart?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found especially difficult, challenging, or helpful about this message?
- What is something that is precious to you? What makes it valuable?
- Read and discuss 2 Peter 1:1-8. What is faith? Why is faith precious according to these verses?
- What promises has God made in these verses? Why does this matter? What are the implications for your daily life?
- How is the Christian life a life of surrender?
- Why does 2 Peter 1:5 tell us to “make every effort” (ESV)? What are we instructed to “add to our faith”? Why?
- According to 2 Peter 1:8, why are these instructions precious?
- What is the difference between knowing and knowing about something or someone? Why is this distinction important in the Christian faith?
- How does our culture pressure us to consume knowledge in unhelpful ways? What are the results of this?
- In what ways do you need to be active with the gifts and talents God has given you?
- Is there anything precious in your heart that would not be precious in God’s? Where do you need to realign certain affections to be in line with the Scriptures? Spend some time praying about the things you’ve discussed.