Pastor Paul Goodnight unveils some of the lies we are prone to believe about marriage and relationships, and how we can instead have the “mind of Christ.”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What relationships in your life are the most important to you? Why? What do you do to guard and cultivate those relationships?
- Read and discuss Romans 15:1-7 and Philippians 2:1-8. What instruction, encouragement, warnings or admonishments are here in regards to our relationships with others?
- What happens in relationships if we turn personal preferences into relational laws? How have you observed or experienced this?
- How did your parents treat you as you grew up? How did this impact how you raise your kids, or plan to?
- “For the well-being of your children, do not make them the center of your life.” How do you react to this statement?
- Read and discuss Luke 10: 38-42. Do you struggle with busyness? Where do you need to adjust in order to do the important things, rather than everything?
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 5:21. How good is good enough to be reconciled to God? Do you struggle with this? What place to good works have in the life of a Christ-follower?
- Where in your relationships do you need to adopt the “mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16)? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed and ask the Lord for grace to make any changes to you need to make in order to preserve those relationships of first importance.