Things Dads Say
For better or worse, what was communicated (or not communicated) by our earthly fathers invariably shapes how we view God. Pastor Paul Goodnight teaches on how being “in Christ” is key to appropriating the grace our Heavenly Father freely extends.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss John 17:20-26. What do these verses tell you about the nature of God?
- What are some things your father consistently communicated – or did not communicate – to you?
- How do you think your earthly father shaped how you view God?
- How do those views line up with or differ from how God is presented through Scripture?
- Read and discuss Philippians 3:8-9 and Ephesians 1:3-14. What does it mean to be “in Christ”?
- How does being “in Christ” affect how you view and relate to your Heavenly Father?