The World System: It’s Where You Live, Part 4
Religion is designed to answer the great questions of life – but can it, really? In part four of our World System series, we explore the relationship between religion, reason and revelation in the world system.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How would you define "religion"? By that definition, is Christianity a religion? What distinguishes the Christian faith from other religions and philosphies?
- Read Genesis 4:1-1-16. What does this tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell us about God?
- Where are there indications of religion in these verses?
- Is spirituality "reasonable"? Why or why not?
- Is religion "reasonable"? Why or why not?
- Is Christianity "reasonable"? Why or why not? Where do faith and reason intersect? Where do they part ways?
- What are the distinctions between divine inspiration and revelation?