While the Bible was not written from a political perspective or for political purposes, it contains the guiding principles we need to make wise decisions regarding the political arena. In this message, Pastor Mike looks at the sovereignty of God in politics, the impact of the Gospel in politics and the church’s impact in politics.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Do you consider yourself a politically-minded person? On a scale from 1-10, what is your interest in politics? Why?
- Read and discuss Romans 13:1-2 and Matthew 22:15-22. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? Of God?
- Have you ever felt the tension between "obeying the laws of the land" when they are at odds with biblical mandates? How do you handle that tension?
- In the world system, Christians are often more known for the issues they are against, rather than being known as for the Gospel. Is this an accurate perception? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss Matthew 5:13-16. What practical ways can you live out this verse and be salt & light in the places God has given you influence?