We live in the tension of being in the world system, but not of it. As followers of Christ, how do we navigate this tension? In part one of this series, Pastor Mike defines the world system through the lens of scripture.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is "the world system"? How have you seen the world change during your span of life experience?
- Read and discuss 1 John 2:15-17. What does this tell you about the nature of man? Of the world? Of God?
- What are the distinguishing characteristics of "the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life" (v. 16, ESV)?
- Where do you observe the influence of the world system in your every day life? How do you deal with it personally?
- How does life in Christ enable us to be "in the world but not of it"?