What we do understand about the Bible should convince us that what we don’t understand about the Bible must have a reasonable explanation.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- How does truth set us free? How have you observed or experienced this?
- Can we trust the Bible to reveal truth to us? Why?
- Read and discuss John 8:1-38. Give particular consideration to verses 12, 23, 31-32. What stands out to you? What themes does Jesus draw out for us to consider?
- Discuss the following statement: “What we do understand about the Bible should convince us that what we don’t understand about the Bible must have a reasonable explanation.” What do you find unexplainable about the Bible? What do you find undeniable?
- What does the Bible reveal about the human heart? Why is it important to know this?
- What happens if you deny Scripture’s revelation regarding our hearts? How have you seen this play out?
- How does the Word of God make us “wise to salvation” (2 Timothy 3:15)? What does this mean?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Spend some time thanking God for the gift of His Word.
For information about the Imagine Zero Banyala Bible Translation Project that was unveiled this weekend, CLICK HERE.