Because of God’s perfect, unchanging nature, we can trust Him in any circumstance. He will never, never leave us nor never, never forsake us. Pastor Tony Pedroni teaches from Joshua 1 on living life vertically.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is something from this message you hope to discuss as a group?
- Do you have times when it is difficult to trust God? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss Joshua 1:1-9. What characteristics of God do you observe in these verses? How do these show the beauty of God?
- Read through Hebrews 13. What promises does God make to His people? What impact should these promises have in our daily lives?
- What other promises from Scripture can you think of that God makes? How are these a comfort to you?
- "God's main encouragement is Himself." Have you observed this to be true? How?
- In what ways might our definition of prosperity and success be different from God's? How do you think God defines prosperity and success?
- How can we trust that God's commands to us are good? How does the Gospel enable, encourage and uphold trust in God?
- Where in your life do you have the tendency to think horizontally? What would it look like for you to think vertically in that area or areas? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about these areas.