The Thief and the Answer
The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy – but Jesus has come that we might have life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- How would you describe "character"? Who is someone you know who exemplifies good character?
- Read and discuss John 8:39-47, John 10:7-11 and Ephesians 6:10-18. What does this tell us about man? What does it tell us about God?
- What do you observe about spiritual warfare and the nature of the world around us from the verses above? What does it tell us about our enemy and his tactics?
- How have you personally experienced spiritual warfare?
- Have you ever had a "bottom of the 9th" moment or season of life?
- Are there lies about yourself, others or God that you know you know are lies, yet still tend to struggle with? How does scripture address those lies? How does the gospel provide clarity, contrast and context to those lies?
- Spend some time in prayer for anything that came up during this discussion . Give thanks to God that He is good, even when we can't see it or are believing lies about Him. Pray that He would work in you to replace lies with His great truths.