Stagnation is devastating in the life of a believer. We must set our minds to the greatest purpose of all life – to know Jesus.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- If there was one thing about you that you could snap your fingers and instantly change, what would it be?
- Read and discuss Philippians 3:10-16. What does this tell us about us? What do these verses tell us about God? What commands, encouragements or warnings are there for us to heed?
- What is the role of change in the life of a Christian? What does change indicate? Are there some things that shouldn’t change?
- In what ways are we the church in danger of “standing still” or becoming complacent?
- What is an area where you need to stop coasting?
- Why are we so easily distracted from things that really matter by things that really don’t?
- Where in your walk do you need to forget what is behind and move forward?
- How does the gospel enable us to press on, endure, persevere?
- What is one area of your walk where you need to develop discipline?
- How does the gospel encourage, propel and enable biblical change in our lives? Pray that God would be graceful to continue to know and make you like Jesus.