The Principle of Sowing and Reaping
We are all sowing seed. It is not a matter of whether or not you sow. It is matter of exactly what you are sowing.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing you heard in this message that was particularly encouraging, helpful, or challenging for you?
- Read and discuss Galatians 6:7-10. What do you learn here about the process of sowing and reaping? Why does this section begin with these words: “Do not be deceived: God is not mocked”? What is the difference between sowing to the flesh and sowing to the Spirit?
- What kind of seeds do you see being sown into your life, or into your children’s lives, by the culture around you? What is (or will be) the harvest of these seeds?
- What does it mean that we “reap what we sow”? What does it mean that we “sow what we reap”?
- What does it mean that sowing begins in the heart and the mind?
- What seeds do you feel like you are “sowing” in your life? Where are you sowing? What have you reaped?
- Are there any different seeds you would like to be sowing? Spend some time praying that God would help you to sow to the Spirit. Pray that He would redeem any crop that came from sowing to the flesh.