Our view of eternity guides our life of uncertainty. Faith in Christ requires us to live counter-culturally. If you do not feel the pull of the cultural current against you, then you're simply drifting along with the world.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 11:8-16. What do you note about Abraham and his faith? In what ways should our lives parallel Abraham's?
- What does it mean to walk by faith? What is one significant step of faith you've taken?
- "We don't know where we are going, but God does." Do you find this mainly comforting or frightening?
- Why is it so difficult to be "in but not of" this world?
- Do you feel like a pilgrim and a stranger in this world? Why or why not? How does faith play into this?
- How does our view of eternity guide us through the uncertain times in life?
- How does the gospel instruct us in balancing life in this world with yearning for the next?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you've discussed.