The Patriarchs, Part 2: Noah
As in the times of Noah, turbulent waters are all around us. Navigate deep waters with deep truth.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Genesis 6:5-22, Hebrews 11:7 and Matthew 24:36-44. What do these verses tell you about God? What do they tell us about man? What do they tell us about Noah and his character?
- How is the account of Noah a foreshadowing of the coming of Christ?
- What does "reverent fear" mean (Heb. 11:7, ESV)? What happens if we do not have a fear of God? How can you cultivate a "reverent fear" in your own walk?
- What are some of the "deep and turbulent waters" of our day? What deep truths help you navigate these waters?
- How does the gospel of Jesus comfort and instruct us in the face of the turbulent waters of our day?
- Spend some time in prayer giving thanks to God for his love and justice. Ask Him to help you live as salt and light in a lost and dying world.