As we continue our series on The Next Generation Church, Pastor Mike looks at the aspect of loving locally. Loving locally as a church is a direct expression of the generosity of the people of God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- As you think about last weekend's sermon, what one principle or insight stands out as being particularly helpful, insightful, or difficult to grasp?
- Why is it difficult to admit to being a greedy person?
- Read and discuss Luke 12:13-21. What do these verses tell us about greed & generosity?
- Read and discuss Acts 4:32-37. What do you observe about the attitude of Christ-followers in these verses? Do you see this attitude reflected in our church? Why or why not?
- How is loving locally as a church tied to generosity?
- Scripture teaches five principles in stewarding money – earning, saving, investing, spending & giving. Which do you spend the most time on? Which do you spend the least time on?
- Reflecting on the "Cheerio Principle," what "cheerios" in your life do you have trouble letting go of? What is one practical thing you can do this next week to release some of those "cheerios"? Spend some time in prayer for each other for those areas.