Pastor Mike draws lessons from the apostle Paul’s debate with the philosophers at Mars Hill to demonstrate how the next generation church can make Christ known. To help others know Christ requires us to know the culture and to recognize that "church" goes beyond just a Sunday meeting.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What do you think the Church will look like in 10 years? How might RBC be different?
- Do you tend to think of church more as someplace that we go, or as something that we are?
- Read Acts 17 again. How could Paul's approach to the philosophers be applied to modern day "Mars Hills"?
- Think about where you live or where you work. How can you make Christ known within the culture of your job or community? How can you be as shrewd as the steward in Luke 16 (or as Wegman's)?
- How might we help each other make Christ known in greater ways?