What is “church”? We tend to think mainly in terms of “going to church” – church as a building or a service with a start time and an end time. Yet, the New Testament presents a wholly different view of church. Instead of “going to” church, it’s time we start being the church.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Acts 2: 40-47. How would you define “church” based on these passages?
- In what ways is the church a movement?
- What has your personal history/experience with church been like? How has it been similar or different from what you just read in Acts 2?
- Why do most of us tend to think of “church” primarily in terms of building, location, programs, etc.?
- In what ways does your mindset need to change in order to conform to a more biblical view of the church?