Goodness has never been God’s standard for right standing before Him. Only when clothed in Jesus’ perfection are we brought from darkness to light, from sin to righteousness. Pastor Paul Goodnight teaches from 2 Corinthians 5 on the great exchange Christ has procured for us.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 5:21. What does this verse say about us? What does it say about God?
- What does it mean to be “clothed in the righteousness of Christ”? What does it mean to be “delivered from the power of darkness”?
- Share about how you became a Christian. If you are not a Christian, describe where you are in your life journey.
- As a result of following Jesus Christ, what “exchanges” have you seen in your life?
- Have these exchanges been joyful? Painful?
- How should 2 Corinthians 5:21 affect our daily lives?