The Gospel Virus And How It Spreads During Troubling Times
While pressure merely reveals character, the gospel shapes it. Do not live in a spirit of fear or divisiveness, but in humility and boldness cling to the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You can click here to watch the full service, including worship through song.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- How can we discern the line between acting out of wisdom and acting out of fear?
- Read and discuss 2 Timothy 1:1-7. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they tell us about God?
- How is fear the “controlling narrative” of society? How can the church guard against this?
- Discuss this statement: “Pressure doesn’t so much build character as it reveals character.” How have you seen or experienced this? By contrast, how does the gospel build or change our character?
- Discuss this statement: “The gospel is best communicated when the convictions of those who believe it can be observed by those who don’t.” How can you live out the gospel in these troubling times? What opportunities to live out the gospel do you have today?
- How can these troubling days cause division within the church? How do you need to guard against that?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Pray for those affected physically, emotionally and spiritually by the coronavirus. Pray for opportunities to lock arms in unity with the body of Christ and for the gospel to go forth in power to a broken world.