Love, humility, sacrifice and grace – these four pillars of the gospel of Jesus Christ have the power to change the direction of a nation.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- How would you explain justification and sanctification to someone who do not know what these words mean? Why are these important in the life of a believer?
- Read and discuss Philippians 2:1-11. What does this tell us about us? What do these verses tell us about God? What commands, encouragements or warnings are there for us to heed?
- In the text above, where do you see the four pillars of the gospel Pastor Mike mentions – love, humility, sacrifice and grace? What other scriptures can you think of that instruct us on each of these pillars?
- What are the opposite of each of those pillars that we should be careful to avoid as Christ-followers?
- What is one profound way you have been the recipient of love? What is one area of your life where you need to extend gospel-centric love?
- How is humility emphasized in these verses? What examples of humility have impacted you in your life? Where is an area where you need to grow in gospel-centric humility?
- How have you seen sacrifice modeled? Is there an area of life where God is asking you to make a gospel-centric sacrifice that might point others to Jesus’ ultimate sacrifice?
- How would you define grace? How have you seen grace in action? What relationship you need to apply gospel-centric grace?
- Spend some time praying for our nation, and asking God how you can move forth in your circles of influence with the power of the gospel of Jesus.