Perhaps the greatest strategy the enemy has against the church is sideline Christians by making them comfortable to the point that they have no impact on the world around them. But God provides all we need for the battle, and He provides the victory.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing from this message you hope to discuss as a group?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 6:10-20. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What do they tell us about our enemy? What do they tell us about God?
- How does our culture tend to present Satan as a fairytale character? How are we prone to fall into that trap?
- How does Satan sideline Christians, making us ineffective for the Kingdom of Light?
- Has there ever been a season in your Christian pilgrimage where you have felt sidelined? What happened?
- How does the Gospel empower us to get off the sidelines and engage in "the forgotten war"?
- In his sermon "Getting Used to the Dark," Vance Havner points out how easy it is for Christ-followers to become desensitized to darkness in our lives. Is there an area in your own life where you've gotten used to the darkness? What would it look like to move from darkness to light in that area? How might the Gospel enable that move?
- As you have gone through this teaching series, what have been some big take-aways for you? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about how God might have you practically apply what you have learned.