We are in constant struggle between the war of two kingdoms – the Kingdom of Darkness, or the world system, and the Kingdom of Light. We must see this conflict through the eyes of Scripture in order to engage as children of the Kingdom of Light.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you were to give a one-sentence version of this message, what would it be?
- Read and discuss 1 John 5:18-21. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What do they tell us about God?
- What is "spiritual sight"? Why is it important? How do we get it?
- What is the Kingdom of Darkness? What is the Kingdom of Light?
- What strategies, devices & tactics does the Kingdom of Darkness use to blind our minds and neutralize us? How does Scripture answer these?
- What strategies, devices and tactics does the Kingdom of Light employ? What role does the church play in this?
- "Wherever a child of the kingdom goes, they bring the kingdom with them." Where might God be calling you to bring the kingdom? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.