Shame is one of the most subversive and powerful forces in our lives. Our enemy works diligently to set up strongholds of shame, keeping us captive in hopelessness. The key to breaking the chains of shame is to bring every thought and imagination under obedience to Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Was there one thing you most agreed or disagreed with from this message? What was it and why?
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 10:1-6. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What do they reveal to us about the nature of Christ and His gospel?
- What is a stronghold? Why is it difficult to recognize strongholds in our own life?
- Read and discuss Genesis 3:6-10. What are the implications of shame entering human history at the fall?
- Why is shame such a powerful force in our lives? How does shame create strongholds?
- In what ways does our culture capitalize on shame?
- How does the Gospel address shame?
- Are you able to identify and share an area of shame in your life? What would it look like for you to "despise the shame" in that area (Hebrews 12:2)? How can your small group pray for you in this area?