The lies of the enemy constantly attack our minds, leading us away from the pure truth of the Word of God. His tactics follow the same pattern nearly every time; a combination of doubt, direct contradictions of the Word of God, and half-truths.
QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL EVALUATION FROM PASTOR MIKE
- Are you now habitually watching, reading, going to places or doing things that five or ten years ago would have brought conviction to your moral conscience?
- Do you now own something that you believed, before you got it that it, would totally satisfy you?
- How are these indicative that the enemy may have staked a claim in the battlefield of your heart and mind?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- As you think back on this sermon, what one principle, insight or example stands out as being particularly interesting, helpful, difficult or confusing?
- In what ways is the mind a battlefield for spiritual warfare? How have you experienced this?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 2:1-7. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What do they reveal to us about the nature of Christ and His gospel?
- Last week's sermon included a discussion of Ephesians 6:10-20. What parallels do you note between these verses and Ephesians 2:1-7?
- Read and discuss Genesis 3:1-7. Satan creates doubt, follows it with a blatant lie, then throws out a half-truth. Have you ever seen this pattern at work in your own life?
- What are some common lies we all tend to believe and struggle with?
- Are you able to identify and share a specific lie that you are currently believing? What would it look like for you to believe the truth in this area of your life? How can your small group pray for you in this area?